Have you ever ordered from Amazon | and been amazed at how fast you| receive the shipment| Ever wondered how Amazon delivers to customers so fast| and on promised time?
The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) organization owns the software and infrastructure that powers Amazon’s world-class fulfillment centers. We build software that interfaces with the robots, machines, and human associates at the warehouse and facilitate various processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers moving millions of units of inventory and ensuring customers get what they want when promised. These systems underlie everything we do – tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of units of inventory, and billions of transactions each year!
Would you like to be in the driver’s seat, delivering the software powering these abilities? If you are seeking a new challenge where you lead the team in solving complex problems and designing systems that work at a large scale, this might be the right opportunity for you.
Our team owns the charter to make the Amazon Fulfillment Technology(AFT) Warehouse Management Systems(WMS) more accessible and flexible for emerging markets and businesses. Join the team if you like to build scalable solutions that solve complex business problems and deliver strong business impact. We are starting several key initiatives and are looking for a senior engineering leader who can lead a growing team to deliver them.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is an accomplished engineering leader and is passionate to lead teams that design and build large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong tech background and will have demonstrated experience leading projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The ability to take large, complex projects, break them down into manageable pieces, develop tech design/ specifications, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, ability to influence, ability to employ scalable mechanisms and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
· Design, build, deliver and maintain distributed services
· Solve complex problems that haven’t been yet solved across Amazon
· Keep a high bar on Operational Excellence and automation
· Influence your team, peers and organization on how to build the best-in-class software components
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience building complex B2B software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to the actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and building. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates